New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I want to share the delicious potential of Spanish Monastrell (also known as Mourvèdre) with you, after 18 years of working with this marvellous yet mischievous grape!
- When making my Monastrell, I left the fruit to partly raisin on the vines. This is called “Seleccion Tardia” or Late Selection - and means the grapes are full of densely concentrated flavours. It’s a mellow, juicy wine that will coat your palate with velvety softness and dark luscious ripe plum and cherry fruit, with a hint of sweet spices on the finish.
- The support from the Angels has allowed us the freedom of being selective with the grapes as well as being able to age this wine in the finest oak barrels. Thank you for trusting me to make wines you will enjoy. This is a wonderful community and I am very grateful to be part of it.
David Tofterup, Winemaker
- It’s all thanks to Angel funding that David was able to begin his solo winemaking adventure and he couldn’t be more grateful! Crowned Spanish Winemaker of the Year in 2015 and 2017, it’s obvious this guy means business and he pours all his experience and passion into every wine he makes.
- Sourcing the perfect Monastrell grapes for his brand new La Nymphina was David’s main focus and he found them on 40 year old vines situated high up where the hot days and cool nights give grapes longer to ripen.
- It’s a rich, juicy red with a luscious lick of spice thanks to 6 months spent in French oak barrels. In David’s own words, ‘whether for everyday dining or dinner parties with wine savvy friends, La Nymphina Monastrell will deliver and not disappoint’. We couldn’t agree more!
- David Tofterup, our Great Dane in Spain, has packaged up a 1.5L magnum of his best-selling La Orphica Monastrell worth £25.98 as a BIG thank you for making him one of Naked’s fastest rising stars.
Ray spent years searching for a first-class Spanish Monastrell for Angels - in fact he almost lost hope in his search for the perfect rich and velvety drop. But as luck should have it, that's when David came along with with his lush La Orphica Monastrell in hand. It's packed full of specially selected late harvest grapes and densely concentrated flavours.
"With this wine I would like to show a different style that can be achieved with selected Monastrell grapes. I hope to give you a bold and mystical Monastrell that will coat your palate with velvety softness and dark luscious fruit. It's a clear ruby red with attractive youthful notes of ripe plums, cherries, fresh crushed herbs and a hint of sweet spices and toast." David Tofterup, Winemaker