New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Nina spotted this seriously zesty Chardonnay when she was travelling around Oz and had to nab it all, just for you Angels.
- This wine is fresh and vibrant, packed full of lemon, kaffir lime leaf and melon and just a hint of toasty oak to compliment the citrus.
- Serve with Asian ginger and soy poached chicken salad… or something less fancy but equally delicious like fish and chips.
- In times before whizzy tech and gigantic steel tanks, grape juice was left to ferment on its own accord, spontaneously bursting into action when the conditions were just right. It's a technique winemaker Kobie Viljoen is passionate about, and the old-school method has given this Chardonnay its smooth, creamy, rich almondy flavour.
- To geek-out further still, Kobie can clearly define where all the flavours in his mouth-watering Chardonnay come from. Only half of the wine was oaked, which gives it its pale straw, with flecks-of-gold appearance. It's bursting with citrus fruit and juicy apple flavours from the grapes, and finishes soft and smooth with hints of delicious cinnamon, caramel and vanilla from some time spent in fancy French oak barrels.
- Global lockdowns have hit the family-run winery hard, but thanks to Angel funding, they can continue to source premium grapes from all over Western Cape and craft their high-end wines.
- Dom makes this wine with hand-picked grapes, just around the corner from the Pouilly Fuisse appellation. Expensive tasting shouldn't mean expensive price tag, and this Chardonnay is the proof.
- Ripe, fresh apricots blend seamlessly with a long, smooth oaked finish for a real class act of a wine. This is a journey for your taste buds, and we recommend a season ticket
- This is how Chardonnay was always supposed to taste. Grab a bowl of warming, creamy risotto and toast yourself for trying something new
- Sam's mantra is that lots of little things can make a big difference...culminating in the Butterfly Effect. Sam used lots of little touches and techniques to create this seriously classy little number.
- His fresh and peachy Chardonnay has layer upon layer of creaminess and rich complexity. It's no wonder the Aussie Angels can't get enough of the stuff.
- Because you fund Sam and made his dreams come true, you get it for a bargain. Grab yourself a bottle now before your fellow Angels catch on and snap it all up.
- This appellation is famed in Burgundy, it is one that I have always loved. The winery where I make my Saint Veran, has a small parcel of Pouilly Fuisse vineyards close by and I was able to secure this small parcel especially for myself and Naked Wines.
- By giving me support and letting me look out for new projects and special vineyards, I am able to commit to making wines, confident that the Naked Angels will love them.
- This is a creamy, buttery Burgundy that boasts a rich dollop of lemon curd to round it off perfectly with and is a wine that will age well over the next few years.
- Scott has worked tirelessly over the very best Chardonnay grapes he could find to make you a wine packed with all the best bits of the variety.
- The juice-drenched ripe fruit of an English orchard, with a blast of Californian sunshine - aged to perfection in French oak for a gorgeously buttery finish. Close your eyes, feel the sun on your face and take a sip... yep, you're already there!
- You're getting a top-shelf wine for virtually half the price. It doesn't get much better than that.
In 2021, Charles & Ruth agreed to help us out of a hole in our Chardonnay supplies when French vineyards were ravaged by frosts. They offered to make two styles and this is the more opulent, oakier one. If it really blows your socks off, they say they’ll be up for making it one of their regular Naked wines.
To make their Barrique Sélection Chardonnay, Charles & Ruth harvested much later in the season, giving the rich fruit flavours more time to develop. Then after fermentation they aged it in french oak barriques for 6 months. The result is a luxuriously textured, opulent white wine offering great value for a premium style of Chardonnay.
The nose and palate are oak-led, with layers of buttery popcorn, brioche, citrus and ripe tropical fruits. All balanced with a supremely smooth, creamy palate. Perfect for those posh evening garden parties in the summer sun.
- Our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay come from a vineyard planted in 1986 on the Paardeberg Mountain, the same year as the "official" first Chardonnay planted on De Wetshof, named Bateleur, which makes our Old Vines Chardonnay the oldest Chardonnay vineyard in South Africa.
- These Old Vines bear little fruit and produce amazingly complex wines with great concentration, fantastic minerality and flavours that just keep on giving.
- To buy wines of this complexity from the likes of Burgundy, you would pay 2 or 3 times more, which makes our KFW Old Vines Chardonnay great value and I really hope you enjoy it, Angels!
Johan Kruger, Winemaker
- In Elgin, it's usually a huge challenge to find Chardonnay - practically all of the best parcels get snapped up immediately. So trying to find exciting parcels in the Elgin Valley is like finding hen's teeth… rare!
- Lucky for us, our Richard Kershaw lives in the Valley itself and has a little black book filled with contacts who grow some of the best Chardonnay grapes in the valley. The parcel Richard sourced for his brand new Pivotal Chard is no exception to this very exciting rule.
- From a plot planted on the west-facing slopes of a shaded amphitheatre with exceptionally rich soil, this might be Richard's most well balanced and elegant Chard to date. The intensity of its fruit flavours are second to none, and it boasts an exceptional freshness and aromatic quality that elevates this super premium Chardonnay like you wouldn't believe.
- Naked faves Joost and Miguela Villebois have found a pot of gold in the Loire Valley... to be more exact, pale gold Chardonnay!
- The Loire Valley is the new ‘cool climate’ hot spot for top class Chardonnay. For years it was used exclusively for sparkling Crémant de Loire, despite the amazing aromatic quality of the Chardonnay grapes in their own right. The Villebois decided to put this to the test...
- ...and they did not disappoint! This is a Chardonnay with all the impeccable Villebois style we've come to expect. An oh so elegant blend of peach and pear, with a crisp grapefruit zing to round it all off.