New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I want to share the delicious potential of Spanish Monastrell (also known as Mourvèdre) with you, after 18 years of working with this marvellous yet mischievous grape!
- When making my Monastrell, I left the fruit to partly raisin on the vines. This is called “Seleccion Tardia” or Late Selection - and means the grapes are full of densely concentrated flavours. It’s a mellow, juicy wine that will coat your palate with velvety softness and dark luscious ripe plum and cherry fruit, with a hint of sweet spices on the finish.
- The support from the Angels has allowed us the freedom of being selective with the grapes as well as being able to age this wine in the finest oak barrels. Thank you for trusting me to make wines you will enjoy. This is a wonderful community and I am very grateful to be part of it.
David Tofterup, Winemaker
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- Marcelo's organic grapes are grown in the oldest fine wine region in Mendoza, and his top-shelf single vineyard Reserve Malbec is crafted with as little oak or human jiggery-pokery as possible.
- The grapes have been ripened under the Argentinian sun, to develop all those intense, concentrated flavours, before some time in oak to give it a refined finish. Bright ruby red and full of elegant and rich red fruit including cherries and plums, it feels like velvet and tastes like heaven.
- Crack this open a few hours before drinking to release all of those yummy flavours. And while it's perfectly paired with a juicy steak, it's also seriously smooth and moreishly mellow, making it perfectly gluggable on its own.
- The Rhône is one of the world’s most historic wine regions. Finding hidden talent there is like searching for a needle in a haystack.
- In the wrong hands Côtes du Rhône can be watery and thin, but Denis’ Le Chene Noir is dark, deep, and bursting with fruit and spice. Made in a small human-scale co-op in the village of Cairanne in Southern France.
- Thanks to Denis, the wine co-op now gives work to more than 60 local families, keeping the village afloat and the shops and schools open. It’s a real community effort, and the people are proud of the part they play in the wines.
- In Rioja we have really good conditions for white wines, even if we’ve always been recognized for our reds!
- We had a strike of luck in the region around 25 years ago with the appearance of a new grape variety called Tempranillo Blanco. From one shoot 25 years ago, now we have around 500 hectares in the Rioja region and the possibility to enjoy a delicious new grape variety.
- It’s a fresh and crispy white wine with pear and apple in the nose and a rounded mouth feeling with a great balance. It’s an opportunity for Angels to try something really different and exclusive.
- Who'da thought it... a big dollop of gutsy Shiraz can be brought to life by a tiny smidgeon of peachy pure Viognier.
- Big, rich, ripe bramble and damson fruit with lashings of oak are given a soft, silky finish by the addition of the Viognier with its hint of white peach acting as the perfect foil to the peppery undertones.
- Angel funding bought the grapes, so it's incredible quality for a very reasonable price... no wonder so many of you would happily buy it again!
- Because Carlos works as consultant winemaker for several leading wineries, he has the pick of amazing grapes from all over Spain. And of course, he only picks the best! Which is why this cheeky little red is on our list.
- Young, fruity and fresh, this tastes, literally, like a bowl of strawberries and cream. It is the veritable Little Black Dress of wine. Any place, any time, any occasion.
- At this price you can afford to drink Morum every day. So you might as well start now!
- Charles and Ruth are the masters of giving grapes all the love and expertise they need to be elevated into super-stardom. This is pure, 100% unadulterated Roussanne that's been allowed to strut its stuff - and in a word, it's delicious.
- Rich and rounded, creamy and decadent, with a subtle kiss of the finest French oak money can buy. It'll slip over your taste buds beautifully with its savoury supple fruit, and slip down your throat very easily indeed...
- Usually, this grape would be hidden away in ultra-premium Chateauneuf-du-Pape. Thanks to YOUR funding, Charles can finally showcase just how good this grape can be - without the super-size price tag. Snap up a bottle and try it with crab ravioli for a meal that you'll really want to write home about.
Since joining us, Marica’s been blown away by all the positive Angel feedback she’s received. So to repay your support, she’s made Angels a small parcel of a top-shelf 2018 white that featured in Forbes ‘Best Italian Wines of the Year’.
If you love white Burgundy, you’ll love this. Marica’s Monte del Fra Custoza Superiore Sexaginta 2018 is aged for twelve months in old oak before bottling, giving the wine extra body, intense aromas and a luxurious complexity. This is one to save up and bring out on special occasions.
An intense golden yellow in the glass, the nose is quite simply incredible, with wonderful floral and fruity aromas of bayleaf, ripe citrus, white flowers, dried apricots, acacia honey and a subtle hint of incense. On the palate it’s elegant and spicy, with all those complex aromas carrying through onto the taste buds where they gently linger for ages and ages.
- Say the words’ Côtes du Rhône’ and you’d be forgiven for thinking instantly of a luscious red wine, but enter Denis Crespo who wants to give the rosé wines of the Southern Rhône their chance in the spotlight.
- Crisp and classy, this pale pink will give even the poshest Provencé a run for it's money. Pale in the glass and strawberries and raspberries on the palate, this is the perfect summer sipper.
- There's not much of Denis' new rosé to go around, so stock up for the warmer months and enjoy basking in the sun with this perfect pairing for Summer BBQs.