New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- I want to share the delicious potential of Spanish Monastrell (also known as Mourvèdre) with you, after 18 years of working with this marvellous yet mischievous grape!
- When making my Monastrell, I left the fruit to partly raisin on the vines. This is called “Seleccion Tardia” or Late Selection - and means the grapes are full of densely concentrated flavours. It’s a mellow, juicy wine that will coat your palate with velvety softness and dark luscious ripe plum and cherry fruit, with a hint of sweet spices on the finish.
- The support from the Angels has allowed us the freedom of being selective with the grapes as well as being able to age this wine in the finest oak barrels. Thank you for trusting me to make wines you will enjoy. This is a wonderful community and I am very grateful to be part of it.
David Tofterup, Winemaker
- Christian’s best-selling Italian blockbuster Appassimento remains one of our most popular wines of all time.
- Christian leaves the juicy grapes to sunbathe in the southern Italian sunshine - sending the flavour through the roof. The result is a wine that roars with power and muscle, but also charms you with that unmistakable Italian charm.
- Rich, smooth and satisfyingly powerful, every drop of this dark, brooding wine is jam-packed with tantalisingly intense fruit, all wrapped in a big oaky hug. It’s a red lover’s dream.
- From the talent who made Solaia and Tignanello - two of the most iconic (and eye-wateringly expensive) wines to ever come out of Italy.
- Stefano managed to nab a parcel of top notch Montepulciano grapes and has crafted an intense and velvety wine exclusively for Angels.
- Full to the brim with bright red fruit and rich dark chocolate, it’s the perfect wine to crack open with a tummy warming gamey stew.
- I threw myself into wine as a teenager, planting vines which went on to be owned by a famous Australian winery.
- Now, many years later I’ve been fortunate enough to make this delicious wine from the same old vineyard which I know and love so well.
- Robust, generous and full of flavour, it’s the perfect match for any roast joint or sitting back and relaxing by the firepit with friends!
- When Connie Schwaderer found a prime vineyard full of pristine old vine Malbec grapes about to be snapped up by one of Chile’s most famous wineries. We told her to nab the lot.
- With oodles of sunshine, hot days and cool nights, Chile is utopia for Malbec grapes. The ideal growing conditions mean the grapes ripen to perfection.
- She says: “this wine was made in the vineyard not in the winery” - and you can taste the pride and passion in every drop. Connie has pulled out all the stops with this one.
Straight from the heart of his favourite wine region, the Uco Valley, comes Sebastian’s rich and elegant Reserve Malbec...
- The grapes came from a small, family-run vineyard that boasts 35 year old Malbec vines; no mean feat given the majority of Malbec vines weren’t planted until the grapes popularity boom in the 90’s! This means what you’re tasting is the proper good stuff.
- Intense ruby red in colour, its velvety smoothness, intense fruitiness and luscious lick of spice really bring this wine to the next level. It’s all thanks to Angel funding that Sebastian got to showcase the true flavours of an Argentine Malbec and he couldn’t be more grateful.
- I've been making my old vine Primitivo in this area of Southern Italy - Puglia, for many years, and I've always wanted to release a really special selection with some of the finest tanks and barrels available.
- Having worked closely with the vineyards and winery for so long, I've been able to select the best parcels in this area to make a Primitivo that I know Angels will really love.
- This is a Primitivo for those who like their wines a dark inky red, with intense dark fruits and spice, and a perfect balance of finely integrated tannins and creamy oak.
Christian's Montepulciano is everything you want in an Italian red. Big and full of ripe red fruits, it’s a perfectly plush wine.
Mulberries and violets on the nose leading to juicy damsons and cherries on the palate. So smooth you'll think someone's lined your glass with velvet!
An all round crowd-pleaser with a soft spot in its ruby-red heart for Italian food - match it up with pastas or a rich lasagne and let your satisfaction levels hit the roof.
Matt's world-class Zinf is bold, yet luxuriously smooth. Overflowing with ripe blueberries, cassis, and elegant violet aromas, and on the palate it makes the mouth water with juiciness, with a decadent finish of coffee and spice too. In other words, the kind of wine that won't stay in the rack for long...
It's been earning rave reviews in the states, where the first three vintages have averaged a stonking 91% rating with US Angels. So when Matt mentioned a rare opportunity to create a special batch of his blockbuster new Zinfandel just for UK Angels, we could barely contain our excitement.
A super rare find from the historic California region of Contra Costa County, in Oakley, Matt sources his old vine grapes from an esteemed family vineyard where the owners have been farming for 5 generations! Sadly, while Oakley is a goldmine for high-quality Zinfandel, its grape-growers are straining under the pressures of urban sprawl. That's why, when we tasted this wonderful wine, we were more than happy to give Matt the extra funding he needed to invest in Oakley’s incredible vineyards and keep them going for generations to come.
Hamish Maguire is a Naked superstar down under, but the Aussies love his wines so much they tend to keep it all to themselves, meaning very few have reached UK shores. Thankfully, we got a tip off that this one was a complete worldie, and we just had to get our hands on it.
McLaren Vale is already known for producing fine, indulgent reds that are a real step up from your typical Aussie bruiser. But the 2018 vintage was extra-special, with low yields of incredibly high quality grapes. So Hamish decided he’d kick things up a notch by making a barrel-fermented Shiraz in swanky American oak.
This is pure premium Shiraz. Stylish and elegant with that signature Shiraz power, and delicious notes of lush cherries, blackberries and luxurious spice. All the classic Aussie characteristics are there - power, spice, length, texture - but it isn’t a big, bold, in-your-face number, it’s more elegant… and extremely drinkable.