New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Carmen is one of those rare winemakers who can, almost by magic, lovingly coax the best out of South Africa's tricky and sometimes unruly Chenin Blanc.
- To make her best-selling Chenin, Carmen picks different parcels of fruit at varying ripeness levels, to give it the perfect balance of flavour and an uplifting freshness.
- The result is a deliciously drinkable Chenin with purity written all over it. Crisp and clean, it’s got fresh apple and white peach flavours running alongside a lovely creaminess, with a soft bite to the finish. Just delicious.
- It’s no accident Stephen’s an all-time Naked legend. You'd struggle to find many winemakers making better kit at £7.99 a bottle, and this Merlot is no exception.
- For starters it has one of the most intense black cherry fruit flavours that taste as if they've been whisked up with a shot of espresso and liquid dark chocolate. Add a hint of spice to the finish and you've got one hell of a mouthful of red wine.
- What's more, because its backed by our Angels, it's not only a great glass, but a pretty good bargain to boot.
Matt's world-class Zinf is bold, yet luxuriously smooth. Overflowing with ripe blueberries, cassis, and elegant violet aromas, and on the palate it makes the mouth water with juiciness, with a decadent finish of coffee and spice too. In other words, the kind of wine that won't stay in the rack for long...
It's been earning rave reviews in the states, where the first three vintages have averaged a stonking 91% rating with US Angels. So when Matt mentioned a rare opportunity to create a special batch of his blockbuster new Zinfandel just for UK Angels, we could barely contain our excitement.
A super rare find from the historic California region of Contra Costa County, in Oakley, Matt sources his old vine grapes from an esteemed family vineyard where the owners have been farming for 5 generations! Sadly, while Oakley is a goldmine for high-quality Zinfandel, its grape-growers are straining under the pressures of urban sprawl. That's why, when we tasted this wonderful wine, we were more than happy to give Matt the extra funding he needed to invest in Oakley’s incredible vineyards and keep them going for generations to come.
Tao Platon is a man on a mission to save many of Rioja Alavesa’s unique vineyards from being sold off, and he’s doing it by championing the authentic, high quality wines the region is famous for. The cooler climes, older vines and limestone soils in this most northerly part of Rioja produce fresh, gastronomic, age-worthy reds of fine wine quality like this Tempranillo.
The nose is so fine, showing fresh and complex berry aromas, herbal notes, hints of cedar and vanilla. A beautiful oakiness has integrated with the fruit to become its own thing. The palate is fresh, pure and satisfyingly dry, with great fruit intensity, a supple mouthfeel, chalky tannins and an elegant mineral finish. This isn’t your everyday Rioja, this is a fine wine.
- We’re really excited to have Tao on board, taking our Rioja range into world-class territory. He’s made wines all round the world, never stops learning, and he’s brought all that knowledge and experience back home to Spain where, as he says, “I want Angels to experience the beautifully elegant, fresh wines that can be made from the best old vineyards of Rioja Alavesa.”
- This super-special Late Bottled Vintage (LBV) Port has aged for 5 years under Oscar's careful watch and the result is jaw-dropping.
- Previous vintages have never dipped below a 90% rating and this years is better than ever - our wine team were grinning from ear to ear when it first arrived!
- Smooth, rich, full bodied with layer upon layer of delicious fruits, it’s LBV in style but not in price - one sip and you’ll be hooked.
- In Elgin, it's usually a huge challenge to find Chardonnay - practically all of the best parcels get snapped up immediately. So trying to find exciting parcels in the Elgin Valley is like finding hen's teeth… rare!
- Lucky for us, our Richard Kershaw lives in the Valley itself and has a little black book filled with contacts who grow some of the best Chardonnay grapes in the valley. The parcel Richard sourced for his brand new Pivotal Chard is no exception to this very exciting rule.
- From a plot planted on the west-facing slopes of a shaded amphitheatre with exceptionally rich soil, this might be Richard's most well balanced and elegant Chard to date. The intensity of its fruit flavours are second to none, and it boasts an exceptional freshness and aromatic quality that elevates this super premium Chardonnay like you wouldn't believe.
- Jorge has captured sunshine in a bottle with this unique blend of Gewürtz, Muscat and Sauv Blanc. The grapes bathed in the Valencian sun before being picked while bright and young to ensure its delightful fresh flavours.
- Maestro Jorge was instrumental in bringing together three varieties not often blended. Gewürtz plays its part with trademark aromatics of passionfruit and lychee. Muscat delivers a subtle sweetness with rose and orange blossom elements, while Sauv Blanc balances out the flavours with a fresh, zippy vibrancy.
- Angel backing allows Jorge to experiment with unique, out-of-this-world flavours... and your reward is this ticket down the road less travelled.
- The juice in this delicious bottle is absolutely stunning, evoking all the grandeur and grace that you'd expect from top notch Tempranillo - with delicious soft, smooth, strawberry fruits and a great big whack of creamy vanilla oak!
- 90%-rated every vintage so far, thousands of Angels have given this the seal of approval, so snap yours up and join the club.
- Sancerre is the ultimate in Sauvignon Blanc. With Roblin Sancerre you get a big mouthful of wine that has the hallmark zest and minerality for which the Sancerre appellation is famous for.
- We take great care of the soil around each vine to ensure that the grapes reach their peak of ripeness. The fruit is handled as little as possible so that it expresses all of the vivid aromatic characteristics of Sancerre.
- Crisp, concentrated and textured, our Sancerre is the perfect match for fresh, delicious seafood, or gooey goats cheese. It also goes surprisingly well with flavoursome Asian dishes.
Matthias and Emile, Winemakers
- It's been a long old winter and we all need something to blow away the cobwebs... lucky for you, Reyes has that all in hand. She's made the ultimate restorative Verdejo to get us back on our feet and blinking into the sunlight.
- Lively, bright, and ultra refreshing - this drop is all about keeping things cool with crisp, clean cut flavours of pear, redcurrent and lemon zest. Hot off the blocks from Rueda, a region synonymous with Spain's best Verdejo and most innovative vineyards, this is the real deal.
- Grown from 25 - 30 year old vines, Reyes has effortlessly struck the perfect balance between well-established quality and super modern style. This Verdejo does everything a Sauvignon Blanc can in terms of refreshing citrusy zing, but has the edge when it comes to complexity and length.